03 June 2007

Grotto Point Reserve (The Spit to Manly)

I walked from the Spit Bridge to Manly today.
It was a ten-kirometre cource but I didn't think it was long because it was such a exciting walking.

At first, I crossed the Spit Bridge and started my walking.

I saw a lovely yacht on Clontarf Beach. Two people was paddling a kayak. A man on the kayak waved and I waved back.

I went into the bush. There was lovely view from the foreshore track.
I could see Grotto Point from Castle Rock.


I found a huge flower by the track.

The national park was very big.
When I was walking in the bush, I couldn't see the sea so much.
But sometimes spectacular views came into view. It was very exciting.

I arrived at Grotto Point. There was a lighthouse.
I could see Middle Head on the other side of the sea. I walked there last week. I could see Balmoral Beach and South Head as well.

I went back to the main track and walked towards Dobroyd Head.

There were some engraving which were protected and it had been eroded.
But some were obvious that they were kangaroos (or wallabies), fish and sharks.

I continued walking. The city was seen from the track.


After a few minutes, I arrived at Craster Cove Lookout. Manly and North Head were seen.

It was a rocky foreshore and there were some huts which fishermen had been living in.

I walked towards Arabanoo Lookout. Arabanoo was an 18th century Aboriginal man who played an important role in helping Governor Phillip communicate with the Aboriginal people.
I saw an couple there and they took a photo for me.

It was such a beautiful view. I walked along the track which is in the photo below.

I walked towards Reef Beach. The Manly Wharf which was my destination could be seen.

I arrived Reef Beach. It wasn't a nudist beach but there was nobody.


I arrived at Forty Basket Beach. There were many lovely dogs. I saw a lovely dog playing with Frisbee.

I met an old man with a dog. He lives near the beach. He told me that he was very lonely since his wife had passed away but now he is very happy because he started living with the dog. His dog was an eight-year-old male and very intelligent.

Soon after, I met two little boys. When I was walking on the track, they suddenly asked me which one was taller. We walked together and had a chat for a while. They told me that they had been friends since they were 6 years old. Now they are 12 years old. They were very cute and friendly. I thought that if children glow up in a beautiful place like there, they must have a cheerful dispositon like them. Their smiles made me feel happy.

I arrived at North Harbour Park. It was just 2 kirometres to Manly.

I could see North Head, Dobroyd Head and South Head at the same time near the Fairlight rock pool. It was lovely.

Both the sky and the sea were pink. I was looking at the sky for a while.
There was a woman next to me. She was also looking at the sky. I told her that it was very beautiful in spite of myself. She told me that she lived in Manly and was going to Singapore next Thursday. She came from UK. Probably it must have been the only chance to see her.

She looked like she was trying the views in her mind. I wish her good luck.

Aftre that, I arrived at Manly Wharf soon.
I could see many friendly people today. I was very happy.
It was such a pleasant day.











******
8/6 draft

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We done, you are doing an excellent job with your blog. Some interesting comments and lots of good photos. You have given me encouragement to take the walk form the Spit Brige and see the interesting people and sites you have mentioned. Keep up your good work. Your English is coming along well.

Niki (Wombat) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki (Wombat) said...

Dear barney,
Thank you so much for leaving your comment. It is my pleasure that you read my blog and enjoyed walking from Spit to Manly.
I think it's Sydney's best walking course. I hope you had a lovely time.
Please visit my blog again, I will continue from Adelaide.