23 June 2007

North Head

It arrived at Manly Wharf around lunchtime.
It was such a beautiful day so I brought my new camera.
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?q=North+Head+NSW&lr=lang_ja&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox&ll=-33.819945,151.284399&spn=0.044496,0.059223&t=h&z=14&om=1


At first, I walked along Esplanade and arrived at a small beach. It was Little Manly Beach.
There was a small cafe and some people were having lunch.
I saw a cat on a street and dog at a park.


Then I stopped at Collins Flat. There were few people.
Little penguins come around there. It was a very quiet place.
I met a man who came there by his canoe. He told me that he had had a canoe trip with his wife.
He taught me a lot of nice place around Sydney.


He left the beach by his canoe. I started my walking to North Head.

I walked along North Head Scenic Drive.
There wasn't good view because there was the bush on the both side of the street.
Suddenly, fantastic views came into view. Both north and south around Sydney Harbour were seen.
I could see all the way I had walked. It was so beautiful.
There was a cafe at North Fort. I think it is one of Sydney's best cafe.

Then I walked towards North Head. There were big cliffs which faces the Pacific Ocean.
It was windy than opposite side. Some people visited there to look for whales.
They told me that they saw some whales from North Head recently.

I could see Macquarie Lighthouse and Diamond bay on the left and Middle Head, Balmoral Beach and Grotto Point on the left. It was such nice views.
I was very glad because I had walked all the way from the city to both North Head and South Head.
It was such a long way but I really enjoyed my walking all the time. I could see a lot of nice people.


I stayed there until sunset.There were quite few people because it was freezing.
But it was worth waiting for a sunset.




I was so cold but happy...
Then I returned the way I had come.


I saw a beautiful chapel on my way to Manly. It was St. Patrick's Estate Manly.
I saw some rabbits in the garden.

North Head bacame my favourite place today.
I'm continuing my walking to Northern Beaches.

******
5/8

No comments: