02 June 2007

Kerri's housewarming

I met Justine again at 6 p.m. at Central Station.
Kerri invited me to her housewarming party.
I visited her house with Justine because it must have been a lovely meeting for them.


We caught a bus to Newtown. It was my first time to visit there. There were a lot of shops, cafes, and restaurants. Many people were having dinner.
We talked that we had to come there again for shopping and lunch.

We arrived Kerri's house at 7 p.m.
We were the first people and too early.
I brought a bottle of extra virgin olive oil and some cheese for her.
Justine and Kerri became friends quickly. Justine is a writer and Kerri is an editor.
Kerri's new house was very lovely. There were a nice backyard as well.

We met many of Kerri's friends there.
I spoke with Mr. and Mrs. Ball. They were very friendly people.
Mr. Duncan Ball is a writer. He writes children's books.
Some of his books were translated into Japanese. I must read his book shortly.


I first met Kerri last October. She was Rita's host mother. I met Rita at an English school in Sydney. Rita came to Sydney for 4 weeks and has gone back to Switzerland.
We went to a Japanese Restaurant and it was Rita's first time to try raw fish.

5/10/2006 at Musashi in Sydney

******
5/6 draft

2 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Hi Wombat! You lucky thing meeting Duncan Ball...I assume it is the same Duncan Ball who wrote the 'Emily Eyefinger' and 'Selby' books? My daughter, who is now almost 10, LOVED the Selby series and we read them all about two years ago.

Niki (Wombat) said...

Dear fairlie,
Thank you for your comment.
I think I was very lucky, too. I've never seen a writer when I was in Japan. It was a very unusual happening.