17 May 2007

A stroll in the City

I went to the city to see my friend. It was a sunny day. I took some photos on my way from Town Hall to the Domain.



I saw two puppies in the park. This dog was 6 month male. Probably another one was his brother or sister. They were so lovely!!

I met my friend at the Art Gallery NSW then we started walking.

We walked to Mrs. Macquarie Point. There were a lot of tourists taking their photos. It's one of the most popular places for sightseeing because you can take a photo of both the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.
It's a special place for me. When I lived in Darlinghurst, I used to go my walking from my unit to Mrs. Macquarie Point almost everyday. It was also the place I first met Divna and Sunce.

Then we walked along the sea to the Syeney Opera Houses through the Royal Botanic Gardens.
Balls Head Reserve could be seen beyond the bridge.
Probably this course is the most lovely place for exercise.
You can do your exercise seeing this view.

Then we walked around the Sydney Opera House. Its outer walls aren't pure white actually.
More than one million Swedish tiles were used for its outer walls.

We walked along Circular Quay then had a break at a lovely cafe in the Rocks.

We walked through the Argyle Cut then saw Garrison Church which was built in 1840.
Then we walked up to Observatory Park. There was a little time until it became dark.
Both we took plenty of photos because the views were changing every moment.



The bridge and the church and North Sydney could be seen in the twilight.
It was really beautiful.

After that we walked towards the city. We separated at Martin Place.
I took some photos of Sydney General Post Office(No.1 Martin Place) which was opened in 1874.

I walked towards Town Hall Station. I took some photos on my way.
Do you know where they are?
Sydney Central Plaz
Market StreetThe Hilton
The Hilton
Town Hall Station
We enjoyed our walking very much. It was such a happy day today.



********
18/5 draft

4 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

The walk along the harbour from the Botanic Gardens to the Opera House is one of my favourite things to do when I'm visiting Sydney. It is such a stunning outlook.

Niki (Wombat) said...

Dear fairlie
Thank you for your comment.
It's one of my favourite walking course in Sydney.
where is your favourite place in Melbourne?

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

When in Melbourne, I don't think you can beat a fast-paced stroll around The Tan. (It's the track that goes around the Botanical Gardens and The Kings Domain in South Yarra).

Niki (Wombat) said...

Dear fairlie
I've been to Melbourne once, but it was very short time.
We went to Geelong and walked along the sea.
It was so beautiful.