25 May 2007

Middle Head (the first half)

Since it was such a beautiful morning, I decided to go to Middle Head.
I cought a No. 257 bus and a No. 244 bus, then I arrived there at noon.

At first, I walked along Chowder Bay Road. I could see both North Head and South Head on my left. It is one of the most beautiful foreshore roads around Sydney Harbour. There were superb views through North Head to Rose Bay and Point Piper.

I saw a big ship entering the harbour. The ship went forward very slowly.

There were some of the historic gun emplacements.
I turned back the way I had come. Oberisk bay and Outer Middle Head was seen.

I didn't go down the stairs to Obelisk Beach because it was a nudist beach...


I went back to the place where I had started my walking and walked towards Middle Head along the fence of Military Reserve.
Then I walked on Old Fort Road.

At last...

I arrived at the tip of Outer Middle Head.
I was very excited because the views were so so beautiful.
I could see Manly on my left and Nielesen Park on and Shark Bay my right.
North Head and South Head could be seen ahead.
And there were some emplacements behind me.




I had lunch enjoying this view. I was so happy.


Then I walked on the track which led to Inner Middle Head.
Grotto Point and Dobroyd Head was seen. I'm going there next time.


I continued my walking.
Suddenly I saw a naked man on the track!!
(・o・)(・o・)(・o・)(・o・)
There was Cobbler's Beach under the track. I saw some naked men on the beach.
I didn't know that it was a nudist beach. I ran up the track so quickly.
I was very embarrassed to walk between two men who was walking both in front and in the rear of me. (Of course they put their clothes on.)   ̄□ ̄;)
I was relieved when I reached the Middle Head Oval.


The Spit Bridge could be seen on the other side of Middle Harbour.

Balmoral beach was also seen. I visited there in April.


I found a kookaburra on the field in the Middle Head Oval.

When I was taking a photo, an elder man talked to me.
We spoke about 30 minutes there. He was very friendly person.
He told me that a lot more birds had been seen when he was in his childhood.

I could speak with him by chance. Because tha kookaburra was there.
If there wasn't the bird, we probably passed each other without talking.

There was a bus stop in front of HMAS PENGUIN. I decided to walk more.
I walked along Middle Head Road. There was a walking track between Chowder Bay and Balmoral Beach.
I wanted to walk there when I went to Bradleys Head. I have already finished walking until Clifton Gardens. Therefore I thought I had to walk between Clifton Gardens to Balmoral.

At first, I had to choose between Balmoral and Chowders Bay.
I decided to walk to Balmoral first.
However I didn't know that it would become a long walking at the moment.

To be continued...
*****
28/5 draft

4 comments:

M said...

Lovely photos of Middle Head. We watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race from there every boxing day.

Niki (Wombat) said...

Thank you for your comment.
It must be nice to see the yacht race from Middle Head.
I want to go there next boxing day.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Great photos! Looks like the weather was beautiful. It is now VERY cold and a bit rainy in Melbourne.

Niki (Wombat) said...

It was very warm last weekend but became cooler from the middle of this week.
It's cold at night, but still warm during the daytime.
It's also a beautiful weather today.
I'm walking from the Spit Blidge to Manly this afternoon.