13 May 2007

Bradleys Head(Taronga Zoo Wharf to Crifton Gardens)

Bladleys Head was where I wanted to go since I'd come to Sydney.
I would have met two friends of mine today, but both were canceled in the morning.
So I decided to go to Bladleys Head. I went to Circular Quay to catch a ferry to Taronga Zoo.
Both my unit and Taronga Zoo were in the north of Sydney, but I thought it was the fastest way to go there.


15 minutes later, our ferry arrived at the Taronga Zoo Wharf .
Most people went towards the Zoo but I walked towards the opposite direction.
I could see the city beautifully.
I imagined that the giraffes in the zoo must have had more beautiful views.


I walked along the foreshore track in Ashton Park.
There were many places with a view of the city on the track.
I arrived at Bradleys Head soon. There was a tripod mast on the tip of the head.


There was an unbroken view from the city to Watsons Bay. It was so lovely.


I went to the small lighthouse. I could see Middle Head and North Head from the pier.
I must show my friends this view when they come to Sydney.
It was a good place to have a picnic.


There was a small beach near the lighthouse.
There was nobody. I felt as though I had gone far back in time (except harbour views).


I started walking again towards Clifton Gardens.
North Head and South Head could be seen at the same time.


I continued walking in the bush seeing Taylors Bay on the right.
I arrived Chowder Head soon. Watsons Bay could be seen closer.



Soon after that, I arrived at Clifton Gardens.
There is a beach and a pier. There are many people having a picnic in the park.


The walking course still continued towards Middle Head. There was a bush track to Balmoral that I visited in March. It takes about one hour. I will walk on this track next time.


I met a nice couple with a dog. They were very friendly. We talked together for a while...
Their dog was 3 years old female. The dog was very lovely and clever.
They told me that their dog had run 20 kilometre yesterday but this kind of dogs were be able to run about 60 kilometre a day.
They looked very happy.



Today was a very pleasant day.


***** flowers *****

******
16/5 draft
17/5 revision(fix 10 mistakes)

2 comments:

M said...

Wombat, I think the dog in your pictures is a Kelpie. I have an explanation of a Kelpie on my blog *Notes on the North Shore*. They are a wonderful, intelligent animal popular here for helping on farms.

Niki (Wombat) said...

Dear m,
Thank you for giving me a comment.
I checked about Kelpie on the internet.
They are really lovery. I hope to see the dog and the couple again somewhere in Northshore.