04 May 2007

Balls Head Reserve(Waverton to Wollstonecraft)

When I was tracing the route on my map at Waverton station, someone asked me if I was lost. Then he showed me the way and conducted me to the walking track like a tour guide.
Luckily for me, I didn't have to walk in the bush alone.

We walked down on Bay Road towards Balls Head Reserve. Berrys Bay was seen on our left.
Then a huge apartment and the Sydney Harbour Bridge could be seen on the other side of Sydney Harbour.


When I found a stone store(house), I thought it was used by Aboriginal people, but it wasn't.
It was featured by an European Industry in the 19th century. Then it was used by homeless people as shelter during the depression in the 1930s.
We walked along a foreshore bush track.


There were few people in spite of a beautiful day.
Because it was on Friday. We met only 2 people in the bush.
But it's just 3 stations from the city.


We reached the end of the bush track, then we retraced our steps.
The city came into view again. I could see Goat Island and Walsh Bay where I walked around last month.


We walked towards Berry Island Reserve. The Blue Mountains were visible in the distance.
He told me that it could be seen clearly depending on the weather.


There were some waterfront apartments that were replaced an old gas works. Gas was produced from coal there.


The course leads to Berry Island Reserve. I will go there next time.

I enjoyed my bush walking with my new friend. His name was Stephen. He was a very friendly interesting man.


I think it was good for me that he walked with me today.
I often feel scared of walking in the bush by myself because there is almost nobody.
There are a lot of tracks around Sydney Harbour but I haven't met so many people during my walking even if it was on a weekend.
One day, I walked from Rose Bay to Watsons Bay. I found a poster of a missing person in the bush. I was alone and there was completely nobody. It was still around lunchtime, but I was very very frightened of that situation.

Ultimately, I feel scared whether there is somebody or not, if I walk in the bush alone. Still I like to go bush walking. I hope I'll get used to it quickly.

I made a friend, and I got a chance to speak in English.
Today was a very interesting day.



***********
8/5 draft
10/5 revision (grammar 3,tense 2,article 2,inappropriate 2 ,wordiness 2)
14/5 revision (article 1)
16/5 revision (article 1)

No comments: