05 May 2007

South Head (Watsons Bay to Dover Heights)

It was a really beautiful morning, so I decided to catch a ferry to Watsons Bay.
Our ferry departed Circular Quay then the Opera House receded into the distance.

The ferry goes along the beautiful inner harbour. I like to see the coast from the ferry.
I remember each place that the ferry goes along because I've walked along Sydney Harbour from Woolloomooloo to Watsons Bay before.


30 minutes later,our ferry arrived at Watsons Bay.


I walk along the beachfront promenade towards Cove Street. There were many lovely houses in front of the beach. Then I passed the beautiful residential district on Pacific Street.

I walked on Camp Cove Beach. Many children were swimming in the sea.
Then I saw some naked people walking on the next beach. Then I realised it was a nudist beach. I'd never seen it before. The water was clear and they looked so happy.


I was walking on the track alone, but this track was wide and there were some people so I wasn't scared at that time.


Suddenly North Head appeared into the view. There was nothing blocked the view.
Since there was the Hornsby Lighthouse, I found I had reached South Head.
I sat near the edge of the cliff and took a long look at the horizon of the Pacific Ocean for a while. It was so beautiful...




I thought I had to go for walking to North Head to see South Head from the opposite head shortly.

I walked on the track and went back the way I had came.
I passed the nudist beach quickly and returned to Camp Cove Beach.
Then I walked on Cliff Street then I passed the main entrance of HMAS Watson that was the way to a small park which was part of Sydney Harbour National Park.
I found an Aboriginal Painting.


There is nobody, so I felt I got this view all to myself.


I walked towards the Gap. I saw two Japanese Women at Gap Park.
One of them was Mimi, my friend! I met her by chance but I thought it happened rarely because I have few Japanese friend in Sydney. The woman on the left of the photo is Mimi. She was looking at a rainbow lorikeet with her friend who had come from Japan on her holiday. I met Mimi's husband, too. He speaks Japanese very well.
We walked together for a while, then I parted from them at the end of Gap Park.
Then I went southwards on Old South Head Road.
When I turned around, Mosman was seen on the other side of the sea.

I went on my walking. Cliffs and the Macquarie Lighthouse came into view.
A huge field spread out in front of me. It continued into Christison Park.





The city could be seen from there.


I saw many dogs today, and all the dogs were lovely.


I went on my walking. the cliffs continued endlessly.
Before long I arrived at Diamond Bay.
There were another big cliff and many houses along the seashore.
They must have magnificent views of the ocean and the sky.


A woman talked to me. She lived near there.
She told me that her house faced the Pacific Ocean and she could see whales from the window.
How wonderful!!
The rent isn't so expensive because it's some away from the city, but it isn't far. Probably it's about 40 minutes to the city on public transport.
Unfortunately, we can't move into there, but I like this area.
I want to live by the sea someday...

There were more walks leading to Rodney Reserve. I've found another place for walking.


The edge of the cliff is quite beautiful, but it has it's dangers, too.
This is where people come to take their own lives. It's also a sad place...


It was 5 o'clock. I had been walking for more than 4 hours. I started on my way home.
I found the water tower.
I often had ever looked at both the light and the water tower from the city.


I took this photo from the Opera House.

The city in the red sky could be seen before sunset. It was so lovely.



I was told that you could see the moon rising from the Pacific Ocean. I want to see it next time.
I probably walked more than 5km and found a lot of nice places.
It was such a happy day.

****************************** Today's flowers ******************************







************
9/5 draft
12/5 revision(article 3)
14/5 revision(article 3)
16/5 revision(spell 1,grammar 1,article 6,appropriate 1)