22 May 2007

Justine, Sunce and Shrek

It was a cold windy day. But the clear blue sky was beautiful.
The Blue Mountains could be seen clearly from the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

I had an English lesson at Justine's flat.
Today we studied about singular nouns and plural nouns.

1)Sometimes we use a plural noun for one thing that has two parts.
e.g.) jeans, pyjamas, glasses, scissors
Those are nice jeans. or That's a nice pair of jeans.
2)Some words ending in -s can be singular or prural.
e.g.) means, series, species
a species of bird or many species of bird
3)Some singular nouns are often used with a plural verb.
e.g.) company, family, government, staff, team
The government want to increase taxes.

Those rules are very tricky for me. Justine told me that you could say "The government is ..." but it wasn't really correct. She also told me that many people spoke incorrect English.
I told her that I learnt correct English now so if I heard "The company is ....", I could correct the mistake.


After the lesson, I went to Divna's house in a hurry.
I arrived there before dark, so I took Sunce for a walk.
When I showed him his lead, he suddenly started jumping and throwing himself at me.
Probably he hadn't expected to be able to go to the park today.
We went to the park where we used to walk in summer. He looked very happy.

I was so happy because it was one of my dreams to walk in the park with a lovely dog.
Divna comes home late and it gets dark early. Therefore she cannot take them to for a walk on weekdays recently.

It was such a good time to walk with him in the park. We went walk to the place where we could see the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I saw a beautiful sunset with him.



Since the sky was getting dark, we started going home.
We saw a big black dog near the Art Gellery NSW.

The dog was so big, but looked lovely. The dog had long hair and it was dark, so I couldn't see the dog's face. Sunce looked scared because the black dog was extremely big.


When we arrived at Divna's house, Missy was barking.
I didn't take her, because it was difficult for me to take two dogs for a walk.
And Missy is very small so she does't need so much exercise.

I left Divna's house and walk to the city.
When I was walking along Market Street, I saw a crowd of people.
There was Cameron Diaz in front of the State Theatre.
I couldn't see her face because she was having an interview for a long time. I could see just her back and Shrek.




********
26/5 draft

No comments: