27 January 2008

Tour Down Under 2008 Stage6 Adelaide City

I went to the city to watch the last race of the Tour Down Under 2008.
I arrived about 1 hour before the race but there were alrealy so many people...


I looked for a good place to take photos...
Then I saw some cyclists and found the car of the Team Milram.

Suddenly, one cyclist talk to me. He was very friendly and relaxed.
I asked to him many things about bike race because it was my first time to talk to professional cyclist. He told me many things about bike race. It was a good time.

His name is Enrico, and he is a very gentle German man.
We had a nice talk for a while and I was so surprised as I hadn't expected.
I didn't know why he talked to me so friendly...
Actually, I didn't realised that I had asked him a signature and taken his photo at Unley, beceuse he wasn't wearing a helmet or sunglasses.

But I undersood why when I got home and check the photo I took the other day.
He probably remembered me because there mustn't have been many people who asked a signature to a cyclist. I have seen many kids asking a signature but not so many adult... I might have looked like strange for them but that's my luck that I had a good conversation with a cyclist...




It was so interesting to watch a bike race if you know someone who join the race.
I enjoyed the race a lot more than I did in Harndorf.


Enrico talked me a little bit about the life as a cyclist and it was amaging because it was completely different the ones of ordinaly people.
During season, they travel a lot and have many races. Although I have watch bike races just few times, it was enough to understand that cylists have great mental fortitudes. During a tour, cyclists have long distance races for a several days and each race is probably 150km to 200km!!
They are amazingly strong both mentaly and physically.

I was so happy.
It was such a exciting day.

No comments: