30 September 2007

Jingisukan

My sister and her husband took me to "Akamaru Zingis"to eat some jingiskan tonight.


"Jingisukan" is a lamb (or mutton) barbecue which is popular in Japan recently.



The name of Jingisukan comes from Genghis Khan but it's unrelated to him actually.

It's said that Jingisukan was born in Hokkaido, in the north of Japan and was influenced by Chinese food kaoyanro(烤羊肉).

Jingiskan became popular especially in women because lamb is on a low-calorie diet.



My sister and her husband wouldn't take me to the restaurant because they had been thinking that lamb is not new for me because I live in Australia.
But Jingiskan is Japanese food therefore I've never eaten it since I moved to Sydney.

We had a bottle of Climbing wine, an Australian wine. It was very nice.

I enjoyed everything. It was such a lovely dinner.

****

14/10

No comments: