12 September 2007

Rakugo

I went to the National Theatre to see Shinosuke's Rakugo with my sister and her husband.Rakugo is a comic story which told by a professional storyteller.It is one of Japanese mass entertainments but it was my first time to see Rakugo.It was Shinosuke's first time to play Rakugo in the theatre because it was such a big hall and usually he plays Rakugo in a small hall. I went there to see my best friend playing "debayashi".
"Debayashi" is some music which is introducing an actor on the vaudeville stage.
Shinosuke's rakugo was great. He delighted an aufience of 1,600.
After first story, 5 musicians came onstage and played a piece of music.
They were consisted of one drummer, one flutist and three syamisen players.
I was very surprised because it was a special event.
Usually they play "Debayashi" near the wing of a stage and we cannot see them playing Debayashi.
Their performance was great and I was very proud to be a friend of hers.
We enjoyed the music and Rakugo so much.
We went to the backstage to meet my friend Tetsuroku Matsunaga.
I was so glad to meet her I had not seen for 1 year and 6 months.
She is very busy these days but we promised that we see you soon later.
It was such a happy day.

No comments: