20 April 2007

Walsh Bay

It was my first visit. I saw a lot of historic buildings when I was walking along Kent Street towards Walsh Bay. The buildings were still used. I found a nice cafe which was located on the ground floor (but top floor) of an old building. They must have a nice view.

I went up the slope on Watson Road, and enjoyed a panoramic view of both the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Walsh Bay from Observatory Park.


Then I went back to Millers Point. There was the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel which was Sydney's oldest hotel.
This hotel was pretty nice. I will have a beer at this bar next time. There was an old postbox on the outside wall of the post office on the opposite corner. It looked like it was already disused but I liked the old one more than the present one.



Walsh Bay is a stylish area that had been redeveloped from an old wharf.
There were brand new apartments, waterfront offices, bars, restaurants, theatres, etc.

At first I walked along Hickson Road and entered the Sydney Theatre which was today's destination. I bought a ticket for the Sydney Writers' Festival.


Then I had a cup of coffee at a cafe located on the ground floor in a new apartment, and imagined beautiful night views...


When I went to the end of a wharf, Goat Island and Balls Head Reserve could be seen.


Then I walked down Hickson Road again.
The huge bridge which I looked up at was really beautiful.
When I passed under the bridge, the Sydney Opera House came into view.


I don't remember how many times I've ever seen the Sydney Opera House, however I'm moved by the gorgeous views every time.
That was one of the happiest moments of my time in Sydney.