11 April 2007

A day in the city

I left home to the City earlier because I couldn't be late for my appointment.
And there was another reason why I started early as well.
I learnt helpful advice in a book recently. This is one of the piece of advice.

"START TEN MINUTES EARLY"
Start every journey ten minutes early.
Not only will you avoid the stress of haste,
but all goes well
you'll have ten minutes to relax
before your next engagement.

So I simply practised it.
I arrived at Town Hall Station nearly an hour early. I had enough time to relax.
So I walked to Darling Harbour and stayed there for a while.....


I had a job interview at an office.
I found the practice worked well because I felt relaxed about the interview.
After that, I met my friend at the QVB and had some coffee.
She told me about her trip to Melbourne.
But she is going back to Japan at the end of April... so sad...

Then I started walking towards Circular Quay.
I was in a good mood today, since I was wearing a suit.
So I walk arount Martine Place like a businesswoman.(just pretending)


I had sume coffee again at the MCA Cafe which was on the ground floor of the Museum of Contemporary Art.


The cafe faced the wharf and you could see the Sydney Opera House on the other side.
I enjoyed a nice chocolate dessert, a cup of cappuccino and a wonderful view at the same time.

It was such a good time.

Of course I saw the exhibition, too.
They had an exhibition of Paddy Bedford's work. His paintings were fantastic. I bought a postcard.
I recommend this exhibition. But it finishes 15th April, so you must hurry.

There was a big ship at the passenger terminal. A man was painting a picture.


I walked towards the Royal Botanic Gardens which was my favourite place in Sydney.
When I arrived in the park, I saw the ship leaving.


I took some photos of birds while taking a walk in the park.
The first one is my favourite bird, a kookaburra.


Then I started for home. Wynyard Station was crowded because it was the evening rush hour.
I love the Sydney CBD because there are a lot of beautiful places such as the Royal Botanic Gardens, Hyde Park and Circular Quay in spite of an urbanized city.

A brilliant sunset
was seen from the train window when the train crossed the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Yesterday was such a good day.

No comments: